This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

You’ve spent days, weeks (maybe even months) planning your costume. Couple’s? Group? Sexy? Scary? Whatever you decided, it’s time to eat some lobster, put on that costume and enjoy Halloween at UMass.

First things first…pictures with the whole crew. If you dress up and don’t take any pictures, did you really dress up?

Unfortunately you all spent too much time with photos and realize you’re about to miss the bus. That means running in heels. Never fun or successful.

But thankfully you and all your friends make it on before the packed bus zooms off toward Puffton.

Of course, you’re practically sitting on a stranger’s lap while someone is standing on your toes and hitting you in the face with their sparkly wings…

But you finally arrive at your destination. When you walk in, there are several Game of Thrones characters, celebrities and countless black cats shaking it on the dancefloor

You grab your friends and join in, remembering why it’s one of your favorite nights of the whole year.

Inevitably, the glamorous part of the night starts to fade. Sweating, hair-frizzing and lipstick-smudging takes over. 

You try desperately not to think about what’s on the floor when you take your heels off

And the magic is kind of ruined when you see Princess Jasmine making out with Harry Potter.

And, of course, it wouldn’t be Halloween if something didn’t go terribly wrong with your costume

What are you supposed to do?

But, despite arriving home heels-in-hand, raccoon-eyed and dazed, you can’t wait to do it all again the next night.

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  

Catie Baumgartner

U Mass Amherst

Linguist, sports enthusiast & all-around adventurer with a severe case of wanderlust.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst