Conquer Halloweekend with Her Campus’ Survival Kits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

As we all know, Halloweekend — one of the most fun-filled weekends of college — is here. But figuring out what to wear so you can look your best is stressful! Lucky for us, Her Campus provided our chapter with a fall semester survival kit that’s packed with all the necessities that will get us through this fright-filled weekend.

1. L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes

Since summer is just a distant memory by Halloween, everyone’s natural tans are starting to fade and certain costumes require a realistic bronzy look (think a lifeguard costume). These self- tanning towelettes are easy to use and look so natural! You can use these daily to build up your tan, and once you’ve reached your desired level, once or twice a week is plenty. They’re really convenient and leave absolutely no streak marks.

2. Freeman Face Masks

(From left to right: Freeman’s Manuka Honey + Tea Tree Oil Clay Mask and Cleanser, Charcoal + Black Sugar Gel Mask and Scrub, and Cucumber + Pink Salt Clay Mask).

Along with costumes come heavy makeup and face paint, and piling that on your skin for a weekend can be drying and lead to breakouts. Using these face masks at the end of the weekend or even after a long night will help refresh your skin and get it back to its healthy self. My personal favorite is the Charcoal + Black Sugar Gel Mask and Scrub. This mask goes deep into your pores to remove all the unwanted makeup. It also leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth. The Cucumber + Pink Salt Clay Mask is good for rejuvenating your skin. The cucumber feels oh-so refreshing and only needs to be left on for 10 minutes. The Manuka Honey + Tea Tree Oil Clay Mask and Cleanser is great for anyone with oily skin: it absorbs excess dirt and leftover makeup but isn’t drying. All three of these masks are definitely worth trying out when your skin’s screaming for TLC after a long night out!

3. Spindrift Sparkling Water

We all want to look our best in our cute costumes, so I’m sure most of us will be watching our calories. Spindrift Sparkling water is a refreshing drink that only has 1 calorie! It’s better for you than soda, but a little more exciting than regular water.

4. Erin Condren On the Go Life Planner

Planning out your costumes for the big weekend can take up a lot of your time, so make sure you don’t get behind on school work. Using a planner has always been helpful to me and this Erin Condren planner does just the trick. Each day has its own individual section to write down your homework, and it also has a calendar page for each month to give you the big picture for assignments and exams. Also, the pages have really pretty designs that actually make me want to write my homework down!

5. Hi-Chew & Steripod Toothbrush Protector

Eating candy is always a huge part of this holiday, but you can’t afford to get cavities at school. Brushing your teeth twice a day is an extremely beneficial habit to get into. This toothbrush protector will keep your toothbrush clean and keep you from catching germs. Speaking of candy, this Hi-Chew candy is the perfect mix of fruity and chewy. Try them out this Halloween!

6. Bed Head Hair Products

(From left to right: Mini Hard Head Hard Hold Hairspray, Massive Shine Hairspray and Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo)

So many Halloween costumes require detailed hairstyles, but keeping them in place all night while dancing is so hard! Bed Head has two hairsprays that are here to help. The first product is the Mini Masterpiece Massive Shine Hairspray. This product doesn’t leave your hair feeling stiff, but keeps it in place and gives a nice shine. Next is the Mini Hard Head Hard Hold Hairspray. This product was similar to the first hairspray to me, but has great results. Finally is the Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo. This product adds volume to your hair and soaks up excess oils. If you’re grabbing breakfast the morning after a long night out and don’t feel like washing your hair, this will do just the trick. Bed Head products have always been a top pick of mine and these were a great find in the Her Campus survival kits!

Overall, all these products were awesome, and will certainly help make this Halloweekend the best it can be. Give any of these products a try, and have a Happy Halloween!

Images courtesy of the author.

Madison Bethune

U Mass Amherst '21

Madison is a sophomore at Umass Amherst majoring in Nutrition and Journalism. Some of her interests include health and wellness, art and photography, and she loves going to the beach and spending time with friends. Feel free to follow her Instagram @maddybethune_
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst