Up and Coming Artists To Watch: Kalin & Myles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Kalin White and Myles Parrish are a music duo unlike any other. Kalin, 19, the vocals of the duo, and Myles, 21, the rapper, are both from the Bay Area, California.  Myles started making raps and beats by recording from his room. He ended up joining forces with Kalin and they decided to make a song together, then shot a video for it. (“More Than Friends” was their first video, check it out here!)

Uploading their first video, and many others, on YouTube ended up exploding their careers. They rapidly gained countless fans, or KAM fam (Kalin And Myles family). Kalin & Myles have been making music ever since that day in April 2011. They have two EP’s out already – K&M University,” and their newest one,Chase Dreams.” (Be sure to get them on iTunes!)

These guys have gained quite a presence around the West Coast, and are sure to be reaching all over the country soon. They have began to perform around the nation at radio station Jingleballs, state fairs, OMG Music Fests, and other festivals. Check them out and watch as they live their dreams making it in the music business! If you like them you might just have to go see one of their shows when they come to your town.

Now, I’ll let their music speak for itself…

Here’s my personal favorite of their songs, “Love Robbery”:

“On Mine Too” features Kylie Jenner in the music video! (Can you find her?):

Here’s some acoustic of the boys to really hear their talent:

(and yes, girl, I’m ready too!)

Two songs to blast when you’re getting ready to go out – “Turn” and “Go To Work”:

One of their remixes :

Here’s a sweet song the guys wrote called “Crazy For You,” (and yes, it does in fact mention The Notebook in it!):

“Do It” is also one of my favorites!

Lastly, see what Kalin & Myles experience while touring with their road trip episodes, like this one:

Don’t forget to follow Kalin & Myles on social media and check them out some more!

Kalin & Myles: Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | YouTube | Vine

Kalin White:

Twitter | Instagram | Vine

Myles Parrish:

Twitter | Instagram | Vine

Kelly Capri

U Mass Amherst

I'm now a senior at UMass Amherst & started Her Campus my freshman year. I had just transferred from Clemson University in South Carolina and it allowed me to find friends immediately. HC also helped open myself up to a passion of mine - journalism and writing. Additionally, Her Campus helped me meet people who inspired me to get more involved on campus - which is why I joined Greek life as well as got a job for student activities and involvement. As sappy as it is, HC has changed my college experience in so many ways. Besides HC, I am a double major in journalism and biology, and work as a tour guide and for Student Activities & Involvement. I am the VP of Alumnae Relations of Sigma Kappa Beta Eta, involvement in a number of other organizations, and I love mozzarella sticks and Nutella (but not together!)
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst