8 Reasons Donna from Parks and Recreation Should Be Your Spirit Animal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

I’m not embarrassed to admit that I get a little teary eyed thinking about how this was the final season of Parks and Recreation. I mean, what else am I going to watch now when I’m procrastinating for midterms? And although I love all the characters and don’t like to pick favorites, I have to say Donna holds a dear place in my heart. Here are eight reasons why we should all strive to be her.  

1) She’s not afraid to call people out.

Look I’ll be the first to admit that I often hold back my opinion. I think we all need Donna’s confidence every now and again to let our voices be heard! 

2) She knows the importance of spending a little money on yourself every now and then.

Mimosa’s or fine leather goods anyone? We all work so hard here at UMass that sometimes we need to remember to splurge after a week of stressful exams.      

3) She has the sassy “are you kidding me?” stare down to a science.

I don’t think I have a problem in this category. This was my reaction when everyone was freaking out over the color of that dress...

4) She knows good TV. 

I don’t know if we can even talk anymore if you don’t watch Game of Thrones.

5) She’s never reliant on a man.

Sad that he hasn’t texted back or that it didn’t work out? Don’t be, there are plenty more fish in the sea.

6) She’s the queen of pick-up lines.

I mean, what guy would turn her down? 

7) She knows how to give tough love.

Hey, it might seem harsh, but tough love is sometimes the only way to fix the problem. Nobody wants to be like Levandrious.  

8) She will give you her honest opinion on an outfit.

I think we all needed Donna during middle school and high school. Maybe then I wouldn’t become red-faced whenever I see an old picture of me.  

Donna is inspiring, and we should all strive to be a little bit like her. We’ll miss you now that Parks and Recreation is over, Donna!

Gifs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Lauren McLellan

U Mass Amherst

Hello! I'm a senior at UMass Amherst. I am an economics major and I love hockey, the beach, and Sex and the City!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst