Slim down QUICK for Halloween!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Ok, so you didn’t make it to the Rec. Center as often as you’d like and Margaritas with your girlfriends just couldn’t be passed up! Don’t fret if you didn’t get in a good sweat this week, there is still time to slim down before you slip into that teeny – tiny costume! Follow these tips and you will feel and look less bloated and more toned within a day!

1. WATER!!

Water is the absolute easiest diet tip anyone can follow! Water will flush out toxins, which will help fight any bloating. Water also fills you up, so drink a large glass of water before and after each meal, and you will find that you will feel satiated a lot sooner preventing you from over-eating. Tip: You can also help your water intake by eating goods such as melon!

2. Non-Bloating foods vs. Bloating foods
Non-Bloating foods: All fruits & veggies and lean protein such as chicken or tofu!
Bloating foods: carbonated beverages (even diet soda!), pasta, salty foods, beans.
Make sure you lower you’re your sodium (salt) intake right away as it is one of the worst culprits for causing bloating. And sorry ladies, but the Halloween candy will not help either!

3. Get moving!
If you have been slacking on the gym, remember that you can get a great workout in right in the comfort of your own apartment or house!

Try this quick & easy Cardio/Strength Workout at home or the Rec. Center! Give it your all, do all exercises 3 times through, and we promise you will feel accomplished, sweaty, and ready to slip into that costume!

• 30 Jumping Jacks
  • 5 Pushups
  • 25 High Knees
  • 7 Burpees ( Click here if you don’t know what this is!)
  • 10 Crunches
  • 7 Squats
  • 5 Pushups
  • 10 Crunches
  • 5 Pushups
  • 7 Squats
  • 30 Jumping Jacks
  • 1 Minute Wall Sit
  • 5 Pushups
  • 25 High Knees

So ladies, you’re costumes are not ruined if you have slacked on getting that bod ready. Just follow these simple tips and you will look and feel confident struttin’ your works of art (& we don’t just mean your hot bods!)