This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Basic Facts

Name: Olivia Rancourt 

Hometown: Augusta, ME

Relationship status: Happily taken!

Sign: Cancer! I’m really into that, too!

Personal Instagram: @oliviarancourt

Blog Instagram: @livvpreppy

Birthday: June 24, 1997

Campus Life

Major: Communication Sciences Disorders 

Year: Sophomore 

Why UMaine: It’s close to home, but still has a big campus feel. 

How are you involved on campus? I’m in Alpha Phi, the dance, and hip hop club.  

Bests

Best friends: My lovely roomies and my beautiful sisters of Alpha Phi!

Best place to meet people at UMaine: Greek Life for sure.

Best class: Is it weird to say Human Sexuality? Lol.

Best coffee place in Orono: Definitely Aromas. My order is a medium Caramel iced coffee, light ice.

Favorites

Favorite song of the moment: Say You Won’t Let Go by James Arthur 

Favorite places to shop: Lilly Pulitzer and Kate Spade

Favorite place to eat in Orono: Fam dog, definitely Fam Dog. Mac and cheese hotdog, yes. 

Favorite show on Netflix: At the moment, I’m watching Shameless. My all time favorite is Grey’s Anatomy though!

Livv Preppy

When did you start your blog?: I started it this past December. 

What do you love most about running your own blog?: I like coming up with something new to talk about each week. Also, what I can write and post about is limitless. I can blog about what’s going on in the world, fashion, the Super Bowl, and I’m writing one for Valentine’s Day! I’ve been wanting to do a blog for a long time and I followed a bunch of blogs before I started my own. I’m so excited to jump into it!

What’s your favorite post you’ve done?: I really liked the Bootay Bag post because they were the first company that reached out to me! I really want to start working with companies and getting sponsorships for my posts. I have some lined up so stay tuned! 

What companies have you worked with?: Right now I I’m doing a blogger outreach with Bootay Bag, I’m an ambassador for Sand Cloud Towels, and I’m in the works with Get Casely and Puravida!

How often do you post?: I post weekly on the blog, no set day. But I post on my Instagram multiple times a week!

What are your goals for LivvPreppy?: My goals are to expand my fan base and post more often! I want to do a website expansion too. I’m always looking for ideas for posts and people or groups on campus to collaborate with. 

Or’s 

Union or Bears Den?: Union because of buff chick. 

Roost or Bear Brew?: Roost Tuesday night wing night. My boyfriend and I go every week.

Fall semester or spring semester?: Spring, not sure why it’s just always better for some reson! 

Top Three’s

What are the top three things on your bucket list?: Go to Europe, get a labradoodle named Otis, and see all fifty states. 

What are the top three favorite topics to feature on your blog?: I like writing about lifestyle, recipes, and fashion, mostly Lilly. 

What are the top three things you love most about UMaine?:

1. Greek Life
  2. My major
  3. Dancing in the showcases

Don’t forget to check out her blog at

http://oliviarancourt.wixsite.com/livvpreppy

and follow her blog on Instagram @livvpreppy !

*All photos courtesy of subject*

Marissa Zink and is currently a sophomore at the University of Maine! She is a Child Development major with a minor in Legal Studies and hopes to go to law school in the future. Marissa is a proud sister of Alpha Phi and loves to hike, read, and drink coffee!