With it being crunch time for midterms and the excitement of Spring Break full on distracting us from our duties, it may be hard to pack conciously for your spring break trip to that tropical place this year. For those of you heading south (unlike the rest of us), here is a guideline on how to pack light and pack right!
In your luggage:
- 1 pair of your favorite dark jeans
- 2-3 pairs of shorts, try for one blue denim, white, and twill
- 3 dresses, one that can be worn during the day around town, one for over your bathing suit and then one going out LBD
- 2 bathing suits to alternate and allow time to dry
- 5-7 tanks and tees, aim for classics that can be dressed up and made different with jewelry and accessories
- 1 cardigan or sweatshirt incase it gets cold
- 1 jean or cotton jacket in a neutral color like black, white or navy for the nighttime
- 1 pair of flats, try TOMS or Keds for those sight seeing or shopping days that require a lot of walking
- 2 pairs of sandals, one pair of basic flip-flops and one dressier pair
- 1 pair of wedges to go out in or get dressed up
- A set of PJ’s!
- Jewelry galore. This is what can change up your outfits, dress them up, and add some flare.
- Tote bag and wristlet for beach outings and the times where all you need to carry is the essentials
- Fedora to shade you from the sun
- For a good read, try Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan available in the University Bookstore
- Lastly, bring only the essentials when it comes to electronics and beauty! Vacation is about relaxing and enjoying yourself with the people you are around. Don’t let your tablet and constant Facebooking get in the way. Also you can wear less makeup for days at the beach and with your brand new bronzing.
(All image citing can be found at http://oofournier.polyvore.com/)