Fresh & Fit Recipe: Light Spinach Lasagna

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Ingredients
6 Lasagna noodles (I used the no-boil, oven ready style)
3 Packages (10 oz. each) frozen spinach, thawed and wrung dry
3 Cups cauliflower sauce *
1 Cup part skim ricotta cheese
1 Cup low fat milk
1 Cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt & pepper to taste

1.) Combine the spinach, ricotta cheese and milk. Season with salt and pepper.

2.) Ladle approximately a 1/2 cup of cauliflower sauce in the bottom of a baking dish ( 9″ x 9″ pan) and place two lasagna noodles on top. 

3.) Ladle an additional 1/2 cup of sauce on top of the noodles and spoon about a third of the spinach mixture over the sauce.  Sprinkle on about a third of the mozzarella cheese.

4.) Place an additional 2 lasagna noodles over the mozzarella cheese followed by another 1/2 cup of sauce, another third of the spinach and another third of the mozzarella. 

5.) Place the final layer of noodles over the mozzarella followed by another 1/2 cup of the sauce and the remaining spinach mixture.  Pour the remaining cauliflower sauce over the top. 

6.) Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.  Sprinkle on the cup of Parmesan cheese and continue baking for an additional 20 – 30 minutes or until the top is a light golden brown. 

Creamy Cauliflower Sauce

Makes 4 – 6 servings

Source: http://hungrycouplenyc.blogspo…

Olivia is a senior pursuing a Marketing degree at the University of Maine at Orono. Besides being a co-branch correspondent for the Her Campus UMaine Branch, she is the business manager for the University of Maine student newspaper, The Maine Campus. One of her many interests is fashion and writes as a contributing fashion writer for Her Campus UMaine. Olivia hopes to land a career in the industry after graduation.