8 Reasons Partying in the Winter is the WORST

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Partying is just really hard in the winter, okay?! Here’s eight reasons why:

1. Carrying a mixed drink in a cute tumbler cup might actually be a form of torture. Nothing brings on the symptoms of frostbite quite like running to a party with an iced beverage in your hand. 

2. The jacket thing. It’s approximately 5,000 degrees hotter in a party than it is outside. You’ll have nowhere to leave your jacket if you bring it, and it doesn’t really match your skintight bodycon, but you’ll probably die of hypothermia or something if you don’t bundle up.

3. Shoes. Scuffling around the slushy driveway of a frat house in peep toe shoes is not cute, but neither is wearing snow boots with faux leather leggings. To avoid a fashion faux pas, you’re willing to slide around on the ice in a pair of wedges.

4. Red noses. No matter how many hours you spend perfectly blending your BB cream to create a flawless complexion, it’s all going down the drain the second you step into the arctic tundra. Your heavy eye makeup is totally clashing with your bright red nose.

5. Everyone’s sick. The common cold is the sworn enemy of the keg stand. Who wants to stand upside down with a runny nose? Plus, sharing drinks means spreading germs, so even if you’re not sick, you’re going to be before the end of the night.

6. Leg shaving. It is nearly impossible to motivate yourself to shave your legs in subzero temperatures. 

7. Chapped lips. Even the girl who carries five different EOS chapsticks in her cross body bag ends up with chapped lips in the winter. Have fun making out with a random guy on the dancefloor when you both have sandpaper lips!

8. The snuggle factor. Why go out and party when you can stay in your warm bed with a cup of hot chocolate and watch Netflix?

Hannah began her involvement with Her Campus as a contributing writer for the UMaine chapter after transferring from Seton Hall University in 2013. Currently, she is the HC UMaine Campus Correspondent and a Chapter Advisor. She is also a staff writer at the University of Maine's student newspaper, The Maine Campus. As a fourth year Journalism student with an English minor, Hannah enjoys writing everything from hard news stories to GIF-filled listicles. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus, Hannah coaches a junior varsity high school cheerleading team. In her spare time, you can find Hannah sharing hair tips on her personal blog, obsessing over Justin Bieber and re-watching episodes of Gossip Girl.