yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

5 Problems You Have the Week Before Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

1.       Your group of friends does not have enough girls with the appropriately colored hair to perfectly execute the group costume you wanted. How are you supposed to convince people you’re the Spice Girls if you don’t even have a single redheaded friend?!

2.       You “forgot” to go to the gym to prepare your body for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader costume you’ve been planning to wear. Now you have to search for something with a covered midriff.

3.       You signed into Pinterest only to find that you’re not the first one to come up with your super clever costume idea. Back to the drawing board.

4.       The “Sexy (insert literally any occupation here)” costume that you ordered online finally arrived in the mail! But it’s the skimpiest piece of material you have ever laid eyes on. Did you accidentally order an outfit for an American Girl Doll? Can you even return it if it’s already been opened? Who even knows? Return policies for Halloween costumes are about as consistent as Maine weather.

5.       How soon is too soon to wear your costume? Is it weird if you wear it now? Okay, yes, probably. But what if you just wear the crown around while you do laundry? Still, no? Fine.

Hannah began her involvement with Her Campus as a contributing writer for the UMaine chapter after transferring from Seton Hall University in 2013. Currently, she is the HC UMaine Campus Correspondent and a Chapter Advisor. She is also a staff writer at the University of Maine's student newspaper, The Maine Campus. As a fourth year Journalism student with an English minor, Hannah enjoys writing everything from hard news stories to GIF-filled listicles. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus, Hannah coaches a junior varsity high school cheerleading team. In her spare time, you can find Hannah sharing hair tips on her personal blog, obsessing over Justin Bieber and re-watching episodes of Gossip Girl.