TOP TEN SUMMER BOOK RELEASES

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

This summer provides us with an interesting mix of books. Many books are being released from first time writers while a few classic names appear again and again.

10. James Patterson will release his 96th, 97th, and 98th book all within a week of each other. Maximum Ride and Alex Cross fans the next novels in your series are coming out the end of May.

9. Steven King’s Finders Keepers is due out in June. A readers love for their favorite author goes dangerously to far.

8. Hope, a memoir of survival in Cleveland and American Wife both nonfiction books about recent events come out in May. Hope is about the Cleveland abductions of the three women who were found in 2013. While American Wife tells the story of the movie American Sniper.

7. HONY, everyone’s favorite facebook page, is putting out it’s second book.

6. Dr. Seuss’ What Pet Should I Get? is a new picture book being put out under Dr. Seuss’ name about a brother and sister’s journey to the pet store.

5. Author Annie Barrows brings us her first independent adult novel in June. The Truth According to Us portrays life in a small town in 1938 where the beginings of the Federal Writers’ Project causes a mess.

4. Donna Bell’s Bake Shop, for fans of NCIS, and baker Pauley Perrette has put out a cookbook with recipes used in her Manhattan “southern” Bake Shop.

3. Young adult author Louise O’Neil brings us her debut novel, Only Ever Yours. In a world where girls are made only for the pleasure of men what happens when two teenagers about to be picked as brides decide there is more to life.

2. Life is Short by Jennifer Arnold and Bill Klein, the stars of TLC’s The Little Couple bear all in their new autobiography.

1. Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee. Twenty years after To Kill a Mockingbird Scout returns to Maycomb to visit.

U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.