Our Graduating Campus Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Meet Campus Cutie Kathleen Vondera!

Kathleen is an adorably spunky redhead who is a senior here at the University of Iowa. She is a native Iowa girl from the hometown of Davenport, but she considers herself a big city girl at heart. She will be graduating with a major in sociology and a minor in human relations this weekend! After graduation, Kathleen plans to work as a youth counselor, but eventually wants to get her masters in school psychology and become a school psychologist where she can help troubled kids.

When Kathleen isn’t busy with school or working as a receptionist at the Iowa House Hotel, she loves spending her free time with her boyfriend, Tyler, and her roommates.

Kathleen loves living in Iowa City and being a Hawkeye.

“I’m never bored in Iowa City! There’s always something to do with amazing people. I was fortunate to have met some many amazing people, which I thought would be hard after transferring from Iowa Central College.”

Here are some fun facts about Kathleen!

·      Her favorite winter accessory is her chunky turquoise scarf.

·      Her favorite TV series is Survivor or The Amazing Race. (Someday she wants to be on one of those shows!)

·      She played soccer for Iowa Central College before coming to Iowa and continued to play intermural soccer once she came to Iowa.

·      Iowa City is where Kathleen fell in love with sushi.

·      She thinks fall is the most amazing time in Iowa City.

·      Her car is named Gus-Gus after the mouse on Cinderella.

·      Her number one guilty pleasure is eating chocolate fudge ice cream while watching Netflix.

Kathleen is a bubbly, upbeat, and life-loving Hawkeye who brings a happy smile to the University of Iowa campus everyday!

My name is Jess. I'm a senior here at the University of Iowa where I am currently studying as an English major. I love all things related to writing, music, and spending time with the people who mean the most to me. I am currently interning for Iowa City UNESCO City of Literature as a Marketing intern. Someday, I hope to work as an editor or proofreader in a publishing house.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.