This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

If there ever was a time to truly “YOLO” it’s spring break. Movies like Spring Breakers give collegiates some pretty big shoes to fill, but it seems that fellow Hawkeyes did not disappoint. So maybe you’re guilty of wearing the same pair of pajamas all week, but regardless let’s take a look at how the rest of the university got through the nine day break.

I SURVIVED SPRING BREAK….

At Home- “I was stuck at my house all of break, but it ended up being kind of nice. It was just me and my Netflix all break. Got through 2 seasons of Parenthood so I’m feeling pretty productive.” –Junior, 21

“I was bored by about day two. Luckily that’s when my friends from home started to come back, so it ended up being nice to be able to catch up with them.” – Freshman, 18

“I don’t get to come home a lot, so it was nice to spend the week with my brothers and parents. It was just what I needed.” – Senior, 22

In Cancun- “I had the best time of my life in Mexico, but what happens in Mexico does NOT stay there. I came back with the worst sunburn of my life. My chest literally looks like a map of the world with the pieces that are peeling off.” – Sophomore, 19

In South Padre- “I was down there when the big news about the decapitated body surfaced. It was right down the beach from where I was. Thank God I didn’t see it otherwise I would have been out of there so fast.” – Sophomore, 20

“I spent a night in jail and was ready to wake up and party the next day.” – Junior, 21

In Panama City Beach- “Woke up in the morning and did a beer bong over the balcony from our upstairs neighbor. Got threatened to be kicked out. It was like that for seven days. Can’t say I’ll miss that place.” – Sophomore, 20

“One of my friends got roundhouse kicked by a cage fighter. Security had to come get him and everything.” – Sophomore, 19

“Didn’t even make it out of bed the first day, so I’d say that sums up the trip pretty well.” – Sohpomore, 20

In Gulf Shores- “I was sitting on the beach and this guy comes up with his friends and a girl and they start telling me that they think I’m hot and he wants to do a body shot off me. So I agree and then afterwards find out that the girl he was with was his girlfriend…she was totally into it. So weird.” – Junior, 21

“Met and hit it off with two different guys. Thankfully one of them left by Tuesday, so I didn’t have to juggle them both for very long.” – Freshman, 18

In California- “I met up with two of my friends from high school who moved out there. It was perfect for a relaxing vacation. The beaches were so chill and not packed like a lot of the ones down in Florida.” – Junior, 20

In North Carolina- “I finally got to see my boyfriend I hadn’t seen since winter break. The beaches were a little chilly but nothing beats getting all dressed up for a date night. We don’t get to do that often.” – Sophomore, 20

In Chicago- “I went to a concert with my family and got completely hammered. My parents thought they lost me but they found me at the concession stand with a quesadilla, fries, and mozzarella sticks.” – Senior, 22

Whether you spend the week in bed or spend the night in jail, spring break 2015 has officially come and gone (and for some of us, that’s a good thing)!

U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.