Here comes the sun!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Alright Iowans…it’s almost here. As the snow is almost gone we know that spring is almost upon us. While the official date for spring has come and gone, here at Iowa we know it isn’t officially spring until those temperatures stay 50 degrees or higher PERMANENTLY. The weather is still teasing us, with highs in the upper 60s one day, and lows in the lower 30s the next, but we must keep faith! Girls are slowly starting to wear skirts on the weekends again and bro-tanks can be seen here and there among the college crowd. As this weather starts to get nicer and nicer, take full advantage of it! It’s been a long winter and we need to live in the sun and warmth once again. Go for a run or a bike ride, sit out on one of the many patios that local bars and restaurants offer, or read a book in the Pentacrest lawn. Enjoy the sunny days ahead as the spring semester gets well under way.

She is a senior at the University of Iowa majoring in Journalism with a minor in English. On top of being a campus correspondent for Her Campus, Adrian is also a brand ambassador for Quad, a communications intern for Pearson and the marketing director of Iowa's Ed On Campus chapter. When she isn't rereading Harry Potter for the hundredth time, Adrian is playing with her English Bulldog, Stella, or looking at pictures of French Bulldogs on Pinterest. She hopes to someday move into a bigger apartment that can accommodate many pets, write the next greatest novel that will take the world by storm, and be a contributing editor or EIC of a major publication or publishing house.