This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

As a Hawkeye, one thing you must do before you graduate, or even before you go to your next class, is order a meal from Hamburg Inn. Presidents have gone here for a meal, and there is even a table in the corner that is labeled as “President’s Reagan’s Table.” A staple of Iowa City, Hamburg Inn serves incredible meals from morning to night with the atmosphere being equally welcoming every hour of the day. No matter what you are craving, going to Hamburg will ensure the best meal of your day.

As for my favorite, the Iowa Omelet is one for the books. Loaded with cheese, ham and, wait for it, hash browns, it is sure to guarantee a smile when it lands in front of you.

As we all know, most of us are broke. Hamburg Inn won’t cheat you on the prices of their food. In fact, I would even venture to say it is underpriced. So next time you’re looking for Sunday brunch or a Wednesday night dinner, put Hamburg on the top of your list.

Photos: 1, 2

I am a sophomore at the University of Iowa studying English and Communication Studies. My hobbies include writing, running, looking at cute animal memes, and of course, napping.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.