Campus Cutie: Kat Woodruff

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Katharine Woodruff is from Ames, Iowa, and is currently a freshman at the University of Iowa. She is on the Iowa women’s soccer team and studying psychology. She talks about school, sports and more while being away from home for the first time.

HC: What do you like most about Iowa?

KW: The best part about Iowa is Iowa as a whole. With the academics, soccer team, and people I have met so far, I get the best of both worlds. 

HC: How do you prioritize school, soccer and a social life?

KW: I definitely prioritize school over soccer and my social life. I think it’s important to enjoy college and do well in soccer, but at the end of the day, my academics are what will really matter in the long run. But, it definitely takes a lot of time management. I don’t get as much sleep as I’d like!

HC: What do want to do with your psychology major?

KW: I plan on going to graduate school to get my masters first. I either want to teach in high school or go into sports psychology. 

HC: What are you looking forward to most about Christmas break?

KW: I’m so excited to go home! I can’t wait to catch up with friends and family and cuddle with my dog! I’m looking forward to doing all kinds of winter activities like ice skating, eating my grandma’s cookies, snuggling by the fire, going sledding, drinking egg nog, having gift exchanges with my friends and building snowmen. I can’t wait to see all the Christmas lights and decorations around my neighborhood.

U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.