4 Things to Look Forward to This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

School is about to start, and while we all dread that more than anything else, every cloud has a silver lining. Despite the oncoming stress, exams, papers and homework, there are plenty of things to look forward to with the beginning of the school year. 

1. Football season and tailgating

After last season, everybody is hyped for football to start. With football comes tailgating, spending time with family and friends and cheering on our favorite team. Nothing gets the University of Iowa community more excited than a Saturday full of football. 

2. Campus

Iowa City is beautiful, and the University of Iowa campus is just as pretty. When classes start again, the campus will be filled with green grass, flowers and students spending their time outside. It’s everybody’s favorite time of year, before the cold winter sets in.

3. Downtown Iowa City

Downtown Iowa City has everything — the Ped Mall, restaurants, shops, the bars — and with everything so close, it’s easy to reach. Everybody loves walking downtown, enjoying the best that Iowa City has to offer.

4. Concerts and performances

We’re starting off the year right: with a Blake Shelton concert one week into the school year. And to top it off, Hancher Auditiorum is open again after its long hiatus, and the lineup is spectacular. Anybody who loves to go to shows, concerts or performances will have their fill this year.

Photos: cover1, 2, 3, 4

Rachel Green is a senior Journalism and Mass Communication Major at the University of Iowa. She is also earning two minors in Sport and Recreation Management and Spanish and a certificate in Creative Writing. She serves at Her Campus Iowa's Senior Editor, and is a member of Iowa's editorial team. When she's not working on something for Her Campus, she can be found studying in the library, doodling in her sketchbooks or curling up with a cup of tea and a book.  
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.