10 Gifts Any Amazing Woman in Your Life Will Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

I constantly struggle to find gifts for my family and friends during the holidays. These women deserve the world, yet all I can afford is to buy them a cup of coffee. Here are a few ideas for this holiday season that will fit into your budget and will show your loved ones how much you care.

1. DIY Wine Glasses

I love to craft – always have, always will. However, I am not the most artistic person. If you’re like me, these wine glasses are impossible to mess up. It will show them that you took time out of your day to make something homemade for them. All you need are Q-tips, wine glasses ($4 at Target for a set of four) and acrylic paint.

2. Popsockets

Honestly, we all have a mom or a friend whose phone is a little too big for their hands and should have invested in a Popsocket a long time ago. If you’re in a bit of a time crunch, Amazon has them with Prime shipping. Otherwise, if you want it to be more personalized, you can add a photo on one at popsocket.com! 

3. Succulents

The next best thing to having a pet in an apartment. Succulents are perfect for that women you know who just forgets about things sometimes – and it will still survive without being watered for a few days or weeks.

4. Socks

Two words: hardwood floors. You can never go wrong with getting a woman socks! Fuzzy socks, crew socks… whatever it may be, she’ll scream of happiness.

5. Stickers from Redbubble

This is more of an idea for your bestie instead of your mom, but find a few stickers that scream her personality. She’ll love that it was such a thoughtful gift, and you’ll love that it was nice to your wallet.

6. Wine

Trader Joe’s has $3 bottles of wine. Hint, hint.

7. Candles

While this is such a stereotypical gift for an older woman in your life, I have a raging obsession with candles right now. Bath and Body Works has the best candles, and they have amazing sales all throughout the month of December – including their $8.50 candle day. Um, yes please. 

8. A personalized cutting board

If your roommates chop veggies on the counter, or your mom is an avid cook, this is a perfect gift. An inexpensive, but adorable idea that requires little work on your part and shows that you thought about them! I bought this one here

9. Scarf

Any woman, young or old, will appreciate a scarf. Trust me on this.

10. DIY Basket

You know those baskets all over Pinterest? There are so many options: spa basket, martini basket, sports basket, movie night basket – you name it. Run wild.

Hope this makes your holiday shopping season a little better, collegiettes!

Photos: 24910, cover

Liz is President of Her Campus at Iowa, and has been in HC Iowa since her freshman year. Her favorite part about Her Campus is Her Conference in NYC each summer — she loves getting to meet other Girl Bosses! She is a junior at the University of Iowa pursuing a Communication Studies degree and is double-minoring in Business Administration and Psychology. Liz wants to be a Social Media Manager for a beauty or lifestyle brand in the future, and would love to move to a big city when she's done with college. In her free time, Liz shops (maybe a little too much), crafts, and watches beauty guru videos on Youtube. Instagram: @lizwarnerr
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.