sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why October is the Best Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

Besides the fact that my birthday is in October, it has so many other amazing aspects to it that makes it the best month. It is the perfect transition from summer to fall. Different colored leaves are falling as you walk to class and finally a cool breeze is in stock. September in Delaware is still warm so it’s not time yet to pull out the boots and jeans. But once October rolls around, all of your cute fall clothes can come into play. Flannels, ripped jeans, sweaters, leggings and boots are the best fall looks to wear to class or to a dage.

October is also the best because of Millburn Orchards. Their apple cider donuts are to die for and have the best scenery to take some cute sorority pictures or just to go take some selfies with your friends. Apple picking and drinking apple cider are also two essentials of October at Millburn Orchards.

Lastly, it’s Halloween! How could anyone not love Halloween? I probably gain at least 6 pounds during my birthday week and Halloween because of all the candy I consume. For me, calories don’t count during Halloween week and I can consume as many Kit Kats as I want without feeling guilty. Who else also doesn’t love dressing up?! From being a scary vampire to something cute like a bunny, there are so many awesome Halloween costumes to wear throughout the holiday.

If it were up to me, it would be October all year round!

University of Delaware 2018
Amanda Schuman is a junior at the University of Delaware. She is currently majoring in communications with a concentration in mass media and double minoring in journalism and interactive media. Amanda is passionate about all things communications whether it's social media, public relations, writing or just networking. In her free time she can be found watching sit-coms on Netflix, with a book in hand or eating anything sweet. You can follow her @bluehen_amanda