Tales of an Under 21 Senior

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

It’s the victory lap, the grand finale and you’re finally the top dog on campus. Senioritis in college can set in as early as syllabus week and the idea of spending the last of the “best four years of your life” surrounded by friends and living it to the fullest is setting in. Not being held back by the responsibilities of the real world is a great feeling, unless the one thing holding you back is the day you were born. For the unlucky few, being under 21 for the beginning of senior year can feel like the end of your social life. For all the babies of the senior class, here are some ways to cope until your big day.

1. Make a bucket list

So you find yourself still stuck in the frat basement, surrouned by the fresh out of high school new students. Instead of standing in the corner judging them, take this as an opportunity to get done all the crazy things you never got around to these past three years. Maybe it’s finally doing a keg stand or taking over the DJ table. No matter what you put on the list, you’re a senior so go crazy because who cares what the kids at the party think.

2. Find the other babies

You are not alone. Once you identify the other fall birthdays in your class and stick together. It’s great to commiserate with the people who get it and of course, have a group to accomplish the bucket list with.

3. Think of all the money you are saving!

For every broke college student this is a blessing in disguise. While all your friends are out there blowing food budgets on drinks you can rest easy knowing how much you are saving. 

In the mean time, cheers to you, at least you have your youth!

Amanda Schuman is a junior at the University of Delaware. She is currently majoring in communications with a concentration in mass media and double minoring in journalism and interactive media. Amanda is passionate about all things communications whether it's social media, public relations, writing or just networking. In her free time she can be found watching sit-coms on Netflix, with a book in hand or eating anything sweet. You can follow her @bluehen_amanda