Style > Beauty

Salty Air, Perfect Beach Hair! Bed Head’s Beach Freak Moisturizing Detangler Spray & Beach Me Wave Defining Gel Mist Can Save Your Summer Hair

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

It’s officially spring here at HC UDel, which means one thing: we have a new survival kit! Thanks to our friends at Nationals, we received a shipment of some amazing products, including but not limited to: face masks, Krazy Glue, Buxom lip mattes and you guessed it: more Krazy Glue. WE also got my personal favorites: Bed Head TIGI Beach Freak and Bed Head Beach Me Wave Defining Gel Mist.

I started using the Beach Freak spray right away because I was excited to see that it was an anti-frizz product. I’ve been searching for a solution forever to tame my frizz. My hair has an odd texture – it appears to be straight but is actually pretty wavy, due to it being super thick and therefore, difficult to manage. It was a risky move to try something so new, as I had a lot at stake when it came to looking put together this past week: teaching, a presentation, a formal and a sorority photo shoot. Adding onto those factors, it’s becoming really humid here too! My hair does not do well in humidity. However, I’m so glad I took a chance and tried this product because it has done wonders for my hair. What I do is spray it after washing my hair at night, comb through it, let it air dry and then spray a bit more in the morning while my hair is still damp. I would easily recommend this to anyone who knows #thestruggle of thick and often unruly hair.

You’ll go from feeling like this…

To this…

The second product I tried was Bed Head Beach Me Wave Defining Gel Mist. I was a little more apprehensive about this one, as the bottle said it was designed to create waves. Like most people with wavy or curly hair, I’ve never been a huge fan of my waves and have tried everything to downplay them. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this spray. I did the same thing as I did with the Beach Freak, which was applying it after a shower and letting it air dry, then applying a dash more while still damp. My waves actually looked neat for once and not at all messy!

Overall, I loved both of these Bed Head’s products and will definitely keep using them both! Thanks, HC and Bed Head!

Addison Reich is a lively, fun and energetic girl of 21 years old. She is a Junior Psychology major with a Minor in Health & Wellness at the University of Delaware. Ad started as Udel's junior editor, but has since worked her way to becoming their Co-CC! Addison loves to write articles about personal experience and opinion. She transferred from a different university in the fall of her sophomore year, leaving behind a volleyball scholarship, but not her passion for sports, as she is working on becoming a sports psychologist. She also loves hunting, singing and Taylor Swift. If you notice, it's her token to add a picture of Swift in every header of her articles. Keep on the lookout for the next one!