absolutvision WYd PkCa1BY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision WYd PkCa1BY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Definitive Ranking Of The Best Places To Procrastinate On Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

There’s no better way to celebrate being back at school than…DUN, DUN, DUN: finals week. While we still have some time to go before the grand (final)e of Fall semester, there’s no doubt that the papers, projects, presentations and tests are beginning to pile up.

As a future teacher, I try to be as diligent as I can about deadlines and time-management. After all, that’s the culture I’m going to have to promote in my classroom. And while “organized” is something I aspire to be one day, it’s no secret I’m pretty good at procrastinating, especially around UD.

Here my top eight spaces around campus to procrastinate, places where you too can waste your time away:

1. ISE Lab

You may be asking yourself, “What is an Education major doing in the ISE lab? or, “Why would one go to the ISE lab not to get work done?” Two words: Einstein Bagels.

2. Trabant

If you’ve ever tried to get work done here, you’ve probably walked away with the same realization I have: don’t. But, for when you are looking to cram, I highly recommend Daughtry Hall, a lesser known asset of the building, pictured above.

3. The Fountain

Okay, this one is isn’t completely applicable in winter, but any other time of the year, you can catch me napping here.

4. Brew Ha Ha

While technically off-campus, Brew Ha Ha has become a campus fixture. And let’s be honest: No one goes to Main Street with the intention of studying.

5. The BSM House

One of my personal favorite places to waste the night away is the BSM House. Being surrounded by friends and constant screams, laughs and movie marathons has been completely detrimental to my work (but so worth it for the experience).

6. Any dorm/your apartment

When I moved into my apartment at the beginning of the year, I was excited to finally have a quiet space to do my homework. Unfortunately, I discovered that I’m incapable of getting work done when I have food, my bed and countless other distractions.

That all being said, it’s important to minimize distractions and focus on your work – especially now. While procrastinating can be great and will likely be something that continues to plague me, it’s time to hit the books for the final push. You got this, Collegiettes!

Kaylee is the former President and Editor in Chief for Her Campus at the University of Delaware. She held this title from 2017-2020 and wrote for Penn State's chapter as a contributor prior to this. Now a proud UD class of 2020 alum (B.A. in Public Policy and Writing), Kaylee is completing her Masters in Public Health. Aside from writing, Kaylee was involved in many activities as an undergrad. She wrote for three college publications, was a Blue Hen Ambassador tour guide, worked as a Starbucks barista, and was the Director of Operations for the Model United Nations at UD.