alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Summer Trends We Will Miss This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Hey ladies, I know what you are thinking. Where did the summer go?! Although the first couple weeks of the 2014 fall semester at University of Connecticut have started out pretty hot and humid, we are sad to note that this summer is officially closed in the books. The fall weather is bound to creep up on us sooner than later and it pains me to say this to my readers out there, you will be tucking away those care-free, easy time summer clothes until next year. What are we going to miss the most about this summer’s essential pieces? Let’s take a look! Here are the top five critical summer items that will be missed the most this fall: 

#1) High wasted shorts- whether you bought them, made them, borrowed them, or saved them, any favorite pair of high wasted shorts was a summer must have.  

#2) Gold chains, neck candy- summer necklaces are the perfect accessory to give a little more bling to any look, but watch out for those scarves, turtlenecks, and baggy sweaters once the cold weather hits. Us girls will never shy away from showing off our neck candy. 

#3) Favorite pair of everyday flip flops that are broken in perfectly. 

#4) The floppy hat- Did we pull these off in order to keep the sun out of our face on a scorching day at the beach or did we wear this hat because it was cute?! We will miss you floppy hat!

#5) Romper- this summer without a doubt, our UConn ladies strutted their stuff in fun and bright rompers to concerts, parties, and just hanging out with their friends.