Catch a Free Preview of TheMemesMuseum at UConn

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

The last few weeks of the spring semester at UConn are usually packed with fun, exciting events, like the spring concert, comedy shows, oozeball, and tons of other cool stuff. In addition to all of that, this year we get something different, something even better: TheMemesMuseum.

What is TheMemesMuseum?

TheMemesMuseum is a pop-up museum that will open in New York City this spring for 48 hours only. In preparation, the creators are giving UConn a free glimpse of what the museum will be. It’s almost like a “trial run” before the actual debut of the museum. According to the website, the goal of the museum is to “showcase the intrigue, charm, and humor that embodies the revolution of internet meme culture.”

Why is it at UConn?

Before TheMemesMuseum officially opens in New York City this spring, this event at UConn is being used as a proof of concept, which really just means that this event is going to show that the idea museum is feasible. This event is going to be their first trial run of the museum.

When is it?

The museum will be on campus Saturday, April 21, 2018, from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. If the bars aren’t your scene or maybe you just need a nice, relaxing night of high quality memeing, we’ll see you there.  

Where is it?

The event will take place inside the Student Union. It’s super close and convenient for students, so you don’t even have to find a ride off-campus.

For more information, you can check out the Facebook event here, or reserve tickets for free here. Brb, reserving mine now.

Cover Image Source

Kathryn is a junior undergraduate at the University of Connecticut, studying Communication with a minor in Marketing. She holds the position of Twitter chair for her chapter's Twitter account.