Campus Celeb: Erin Craw

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Erin is a senior here at UConn studying communication and journalism. She has been our campus correspondent for over a year and is currently a communications intern at Covidien in New Haven, CT. 

Q:  What is your current position within the UConn HC chapter? What positions have you held in the past?  How does this one compare?

A:  I am the campus correspondent and have been the marketing director and a staff writer in the past. I love being a campus correspondent because I have the opportunity to work with so many different intelligent women everyday. I also get a taste for what is would be like to run a magazine in the future and as a journalism student this has been an excellent opportunity. Being a leader for the UConn chapter is extremely rewarding and I truly learn something new everyday from staff and other chapter members.

Q:  How has being a part of Her Campus affected you? 

A:  Being the campus correspondent is time consuming and a lot of work but it is fun at the same time! It is the best of both worlds I’d say.

Q:  Most memorable HC memory?

A:  My first Her Campus Conference – networking with women from all over the nation who were excited about the brand as much as I am was unforgettable.

Q:  How do you balance being a part of HC with all the other parts of your life?

A:  It is hard to find the right balance at times but what I always tell myself is your 21, you can sleep when your retire! The thing is, I am doing what I love. I have a job, I am a full-time student, a campus correspondent and the secretary of advertising club but I absolutely love all of those responsibilities and they make me who I am at UConn so I try to keep it all in perspective. And I drink a lot of tea.

Q:  What is your dream job?

A:  I have a passion for public relations and hope to work somewhere that will allow me to leave a footprint on the industry one day.

Q:  Any tips/advice for people wanting to be a part of the Her Campus community or those already in it?

A:  Just get involved! Don’t hesitate to reach out and learn about what Her Campus has to offer. As a student this is such an incredible experience to have the power to write about things that your peers will read. Even if writing isn’t for you, social media, marketing and event planning are also huge aspects of UConn’s chapter so jump in, head to a meeting and meet women interested in the same things as you!

Q:  What is your favorite part about being a part of HC?

A:  My favorite part about being a part of Her Campus is learning what goes into an online magazine while working with a team of intelligent women with similar interests to mine.

Nikki is the Campus Correspondent & Editor in Chief for Her Campus UConn.  She is a senior majoring in Communication with a minor in HDFS.  Nikki wishes she was Beyoncé, worships Adele, eats more pasta than is probably recommended, and is a Ravenclaw at heart.   If you have any questions or concerns regarding Her Campus UConn, you can email her at nicoleharris@hercampus.com.