This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

This weekend I visited the Durham Fair. For people who live in Middlesex county and surrounding towns in CT, they know how big of a deal this fair has become to the area. This year the fair really stepped up the amazing choices of food they offered. This is one of my favorite stands- Fried Dough. Who doesn’t love fried dough, whether its with delicious cinnamon and sugar or marinara sause (pizza style)?

Another delicious (and italian) choice- cannolis, cookies, eclairs and neopolitans. 

The real question here is, who doesn’t love fried oreos?! Even the smell of these treats is enough to make my mouth water. They are even better when you sprinkle them with powdered sugar and cinnamon. 

Chocolate covered bacon? Sounds so good and so interesting at the same time. This treat was offered at the same stand that was making burgers, hot dogs and sandwiches. The bacon could be a good addition to your meal or a delicious dessert. 

Whatever treat you decide to get at the fair, it is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. By all means, you can try as many as you want and it isn’t frowned upon. Lets face it, many of us only go to the fair for the food (including myself). 

Sam is a sophomore at UConn, with an interest in business and finance. She loves working for UConn's Bodywise program, and teaches her own group fitness and pilates classes. Besides working out, she also loves running, writing, her bichon and her family.