Being a Second-Semester Senior: As Told by the Kardashians

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

This is it seniors: the home stretch. Skipping class, worrying about post-grad plans, applying to grad schools. Although Kourtney was the only Kardashian to graduate college, these GIFs describe those cringe-worthy moments perfectly.

When syllabus week rolls around once again and you’re OVER IT before it even starts:

When your Senior Year Experience professor tells you to take this course very seriously.

When professors says “this semester still counts”:

When you get 100 emails about paperwork for graduation.

When your parents call to talk to you about “your future.”

When people randomly bring up their *awesome* new job… 

…but they’re your friends so you have to be happy for them.

When you realize how painfully frequent the entire post-graduate conversation…

Mostly because you haven’t yet ironed out the post-grad employment/grad school details.

…or your living details.  

For a while you think you may end up working a minimum wage job with a college degree. 

But when you finally figure it out, nothing feels better.

You stop going to class. Honestly, it was bound to happen.

You are blind-sided by assignments and you oddly feel like you’re above schoolwork. 

Everyday you contemplate if your attendance in class is really needed. 

Because if you do make it to class, it usually ends up like this:

How non-grad school seniors react to their peers going to grad school: 

How future grad school seniors react to non-grad school seniors: 

It becomes hard to sympathize with any conversation regarding picking housing or classes for next semester.  

Nights you would normally go out on, you prefer to spend marathoning through Friends reruns.

Your-freshman-self would be ashamed at your lack of ability to throw down shots like you used to.

You see so many younger people making so many mistakes. 

But you know they have to learn their lesson. 

When someone says “this is our last time doing _____ as college kids”: 

but deep down inside you’re really like: 

At the end of the all, you’ll have the best memories to look back on.

But let’s get real – the friendships just get stronger and the parties only get better from this point on.

Mary is a senior studying Communication and Entrepreneurship. She is an avid instagrammer, a sucker for anything on Bravo, and is passionate about the beauty industry.  When she is not busy with Phi Sigma Pi, Autism Speaks U, and Her Campus, she can be found writing for her personal beauty blog. Follow her on instagram @marysecondo.