6 Stylish Fall & Winter Essentials Every Collegiette Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Wearing your fashion favorites can become a little tough as the temperature lowers. These fall/winter favorites are perfect layering essentials that’ll keep you warm all season long and have you looking extra cute.

Sweaters:

Whether it’s a classic cable knit sweater or an oversized super comfy one you could match up with a pair of leggings, sweaters are always a go to in colder temperatures since they’re cozy and stylish at the same time. You could never go wrong putting one on.

Bean Boots:

These comfortable heavy-duty boots have become a fall favorite since they’re weatherproof and match literally any outfit you toss on. If you ever find these in stock, definitely snag yourself a pair since they are a mix of snow and rain boots with a fashionable twist, making it much easier to take on the crazy winters we have to deal with here at UConn.

A Woolly:

Also another tricky one to find in stock, the UConn woolly threads sweater has become a difficult one to find since every collegiette is obsessing over these. This $60 sweater is worth every penny since it’s the comfiest thing you’ll ever own and I promise you that you’ll never want to take it off. Warning: you will match with at least five other girls on campus but it’s so worth it.

Oversized Flannel Scarves:

An upcoming and new fall fad, oversized flannel scarves are a perfect match with that cozy sweater you love and also great for layering! With a wide range of colors, you can find one for every day of the week. These things are the size of blankets, so if you ever get chilly just wrap yourself up!

Bralettes:

Another perfect layering essential that matches just right with that v-neck sweater you have is a lacey bralette. You can add a pop of color or just feel super flirty with the lace peeking through. Plus, it’s not a real bra but at the same time, it is. What girl doesn’t want that?

Tights:

It’s always tough to wear your favorite dress when it’s 10 degrees outside. Having a good pair of tights can seriously save you the stress of picking a full outfit and the frostbite your calves would be getting as soon as you step foot outside. You can also wear a dress without having to worry about your hairy legs which is every girl’s dream.

Cover Image Source