5 Things to do After Midterms at Uconn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

1.     Get back to the gym

We all know how when we get back to school we have big plans to get in shape and be healthy. It might have worked for the beginning of the year but then midterms hit. Studying takes up a lot of your time and it can be hard to keep up with working out. Now that midterms have passed, it might be time to dust off those sneakers and get back into your routine. If midterms have been stressful, there’s nothing like going and burning off that stress. In the words of Elle Woods, “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands,” Go get some endorphins ladies!

2.     Go celebrate midterms ending

There’s nothing like a good cup of coffee after a hard test Take a hike over to the Starbucks and grab your favorite drink or head on over to Dog Lane café. Or if you feel like staying close there  is always Lizzie’s Food truck outside of Arjona where they make amazing bagel sandwiches with fresh eggs and will even put maple syrup or salsa on your bagel if you ask!

3.     Go Apple picking

Grab some friends and walk around Horsebarn Hill to catch a glimpse of the fall foliage or if anyone has a car, heading out to one of the local orchards to go apple picking! There’s nothing more fall than running around orchards with riding boots and scarves with your friends. Now that midterms are over it is now time to go and enjoy fall!                                      

4.     DIY Halloween Costumes

Halloween is just around the corner and now that midterms are over it’s time to start thinking about Halloween costumes. There is still plenty of time to start getting materials to make a killer costume that’s cute and fun. Try the Co-Op for supplies or the new CVS!

5.     SLEEP

Let’s get real ladies, there is nothing more enjoyable after a hard test than a well earned nap. It is hard to get a good nights sleep while studying for a test, often most of us forgo sleep. So catch up on your beauty sleep so you can start enjoying a little more free time and the fun that comes with fall!

I am from a small New Hampshire town you have probably never heard of before. I am always active and on the go, soccer, lacrosse, hiking, skiing, running and even horse back riding. I am shamelessly in love with every member of the Boston Red Sox as well as my border collie/aussie mix of a pup, Sophie. I am a physiology and neurobiology major here at Uconn and if I could be any one in the world other than myself I would be Christina Yang from Greys Anatomy