15 Things All UConn Students Are Guilty Of

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

You’ve done it, I’ve done it, everyone who’s ever gone to UConn is guilty of these things. Don’t even deny it.

1. Stealing things from the dining halls

We’re sorry UConn but we are all poor college kids. Thus, we are going to take those boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and the salt and pepper shakers.

2.  Leaving our things in the library to save a table only to return hours later

Sometimes you need to go grab a taco salad…and a coffee…and hang out with friends…or take a nap.

3.   Selling a basketball ticket for $10 more than we paid for it

A big game makes people desperate to get ahold of a student basketball ticket (just check the UConn Buy or Sell). Desperate times call for desperate measures.

4. Eating seven plates at McMahon

Everything is pre-plated and we just want to be satisfied before we make the trek to our next class.

5.  Skipping class because the weather is bad

We’d rather sleep. Sorry not sorry.

6. Making the trip to the gym only to leave because it is so crowded

I mean we tried. That still counts.

7. Taking someone’s things out of the washer/dryer as they walk in

Never seems to fail.

8. Getting annoyed on the first day of lecture/discussion when the professor wants to know your major and an interesting fact

We don’t want to break the ice. 

9. Skipping “mandatory” floor meetings

“Mandatory” AKA, we’re not coming and will read the info in an email that is bound to come our way.

10. Overestimating your ability to go to a party or to nickel and then being able to wake up for that morning class

Jungle juice is not always your friend.

11. Actually going to that morning class and wanting to die

It happens to the best of us.

12. Laughing at people who run for the bus even though we’ve all done it

There’s nothing like watching someone turn into Usain Bolt just to make green line.

13. Trying not to get blown over on Fairfield Way on a windy day

Who let two brothers from Texas design a campus in New England anyways?  

14. Stalking people in the Union to try and find a table 

We need more tables please.

15. Go to events solely for free stuff

Advertise free stuff and they shall come running.

Cover Image Source