14 Struggles of Walking up Busby Hill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Two words that will give you nightmares: Busby. Hill. If you haven’t been graced with the opportunity to hike up Busby Hill, DON’T DO IT. There are several stages of struggles that you go through when you make your way to the top. Just know that Busby Hill will ruin your life. 

1. It’s time to pick rooming for next year and you and your roommates decide on Busby Suites

You know that your own bathroom, huge closet, and hotel-esque building is a package deal with the dreaded Busby Hill.

2. The mental preparation you go through when you know the hill is coming…

That little bit of psyching up might help you out now… but once you get half way up, your thoughts start to change…

3. Sometimes you even question why you ever thought living in Busby was a good idea?

4. Your calves hurt and you’re out of breath. 

Why? Why? WHY?

5. Maybe you can fly up Busby Hill? Honestly, any transportation, other than walking, is ideal.

If birds can do it, I can too!

6. Maybe you’ll just crawl up Busby Hill instead.

You can do this!

7. At this point, you’re just really tired and want to get back to your room so you can sleep.

I’ve never taken a nap on pavement but it doesn’t seem so bad right here…

8.  Sometimes you might even consider taking the bus 30 minutes around campus just to avoid Busby Hill.

I refuse to let the Hill take me prisoner!

9. When you get down to the bottom of the hill and then remember you forgot your laptop.

No, no, no, no, no! I have to walk all the way back up!?!

10.  Convincing yourself you don’t have to go to the gym because Busby Hill is a workout in itself.

I’ll just eat some Dairy Bar ice cream instead. But if you do want to go to the gym, the obvious choice is to drive.

11. Sometimes you just get the urge to roll down Busby Hill.

Dangerous? Maybe. But rolling takes less effort than walking.

12.  Phone calls + Busby Hill?  Think again.

You’ll be gasping for air by the time you get to the top (if you can make it).

13.  When you’re up in your room and your friends ask you to go to lunch in South.

I mean, could you pick anything farther?!

14.  After all the struggles, you finally conquer Busby Hill!

Can’t wait to walk back up tomorrow!

Just a broke girl with a concert addiction.