This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

Let me just say that you can find some of the best fashion inspiration from men. I’m a massive fan of the whole dainty masculine approach when it comes to clothing. One of my favorite muses, and all over solid piece of man candy, is Jamie Campbell Bower. His signature look typically involves a pair of shredded jeans. However, they key point is that they are only distressed right around the knee.  My personal favorite was Jamie Campbell Bower woos girlfriend circa 2013.

This is key people. Distressed jeans and distressed at the knee jeans are two different things. You can go minimal with a clean cut and keep it classy, or you can go all out with a gaping hole in your drawers. Either way you cannot go wrong with this. It brings your denim game up while giving you extra comfort and mobility with some give in the rip. Just add your favorite t-shit, sweater, chambray, crop top (literally anything works) and you’re good to go. Add some slim boots for a casual look or dress them up with heels for extra sass and girlyness.

Here are some knee slicing trousers for any style personality.

Urban Outfitters $79 (On sale currently for $49)                                                       (Photo courtesy of Urban Outfitters)

H&M Skinny High Jeans $39.95                                                                                (Photo courtesy of H&M)      

Topshop Moto Ripped Black Wash Jamie Jeans $75                                                 (Photo courtesy of Topshop)

This is also a really good jean DIY for a pair you don’t wear as often or don’t mind possibly messing up. All you need to do is cut sliced at the knee with a pair of scissors and you’re good.