This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

A lot of us have a hard time making a decision on Preference Night during recruitment. We are here to help you by providing the best advice from members of our Greek community!

1. You want to be able to see yourself in that house. “Don’t feel influenced by outside pressure. Chose the house where you feel most at home. This is the house where you can have a conversation with the members and feel like you’re talking to your best friend.” It is crucial to be able to feel comfortable and be yourself in the particular sorority you chose.

2. Wear heels you can walk in. Yes, those adorable rhinestone Gianni Bini platforms are adorable! But, falling on your face because of your heels is the last thing you want to do on Preference Night.

3. If you are interested in a sorority, express it. The members should feel the vibe that you actually want to be in their sorority, so find a way to express it.

4. Even if you think you know what sorority you want, still keep an open mind. “Follow your heart and don’t just pick where your friends are going because you will have so many new friends in the sorority you chose and still will have your old ones.” Do not let other people influence your decision.

5. Base your decisions off the conversations and emotions you have had and felt during your visits. “Take time that night to go over each and every party you went to that week, not just Preference Night.” It does not matter what stereotype a particular sorority may have because most of them are not true and really do not matter. In the end, it’s important to know and remember how the members made you feel.

6. Philanthropy. You want to take a sorority’s philanthropy into consideration because you will participate in certain events your sorority hosts for that philanthropy. If you still do not know enough about a particular philanthropy after you have completed all of your parties, research it.

7. Take into consideration that you will be in this chapter for the next 4 years. Being yourself and following your heart will lead you into the sorority that is right for you. If you listen to other people and let them pressure you, you could end up unhappy. This is why it is so important that you make this decision on your own.

Hannah has a love for beauty, fashion, and trying new products! Add her on Intsagram and Twitter: @hannahvls