This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

This past week the city of lights opened it’s doors to fashion’s biggest and brightest. New York transforms into the steezy-ist  place on the planet, becoming the Mecca of all taste-makers and beauty breakers. Streets around Lincoln Center were swarmed with the blogger babes, persistent photographers and the sassiest street-style New York has seen all year. That’s right, it’s Fashion Week.

New York kicks off the global phenomenon and with it wrapping up I thought it would be nice to reflect on some of the highlights of the extravaganza.

1. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are STILL America’s (awkward) Sweetheart

The Elizabeth & James designers made a small cameo on New York Times fashion director, Vanessa Friedman. This 6-second snippet probably goes down as the most awkward, yet oddly enticing 6 seconds in fashion history. The duo pull off the “is this a photo or video?” look better than anyone, so all you bed-headed coveters better take notes.

2. Miley Cyrus, Professional Twerker turned… Designer

Seems that Cyrus has traded up her foam fingers and wrecking balls for more hands on activity this past year. During Jeremy Scotts show, the singer had added her collection of hand-made jewelry that was created by tiny colorful trinkets, alphabet beads and the like. The “RaverBabiez” of America were completely losing it to this couture kandi.

3. A Teenager that isn’t a Model?!

Because being a prepubescent teenager isn’t enough to handle, Isabella Rose Taylor got the chance of a lifetime by having her first collection debuted during fashion week. Taylor incorporated her paintings into her designs and obviously made her audience connect to their kindred spirits. I can hear it now, “Okay mom, I’ve conquered New York Fashion Week, now if I could just conquer my book report.”

4. Bryan Boy looks like he’s 15

During fashion week, it isn’t just the designers’ looks that are on the chopping block, but the street stylist as well. Social media mongrel, Bryan Boy, sported what can only be a stolen look from NYC’s Electric Zoo Festival that only happened weeks earlier. I’ll just let that hang there while the internet comes up with reason why this is the work of the Illuminati.

5. America, you should be proud

Some of America’s bravest women conquered what is debatably the most terrifying task to date: the runway. Fourteen U.S. military ladies, dawned in designed donated by Calvin Klein, Michael Kors and Carmen Marc Volvo, took to the catwalk in an effort to show honor and bring support to military women. Not to mention, there was a K-9 in the show; because service dogs deserve a little pampering, right?