Miranda Hickmon Giving Back

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

Miranda Hickmon, University of Arkansas senior, is almost done with her time on the hill.  This dietetics major from Little Rock, AR continues to take full advantage of her opportunities at the U of A.  Flashback four years, and Miranda was a freshman that made the decision to go through IFC recruitment; she loved the laid back and down-to-earth atmosphere that Alpha Omicron Pi had to offer her.

Miranda was so pleased with how AOII served her; she decided to give back to the sorority that has given her more than friends, it has truly given her sisters.  Miranda served as the Activities Chairman last year as a junior, so she was prepared to take on the leadership role as President.  Miranda is organized and prefers to plan ahead, so she has learned not to get wrapped up in every little detail, and with her new leadership, has learned how to go with the flow. 

Serving as President, Miranda not only has the benefit of leading her sisters, but she has had the opportunities to travel and represent AOII.  She has visited the International Headquarters in Nashville, TN; the windy city of Chicago, IL for the Alpha Omicron Pi Convention and she has bonded with other Greek Life leaders as they journeyed to Indianapolis, IN.  “I was pleasantly surprised by all the other Greek leaders I get to meet and work with,” said Miranda.

Apart from travel, Miranda loves to work out, read, and enjoys cheering on the Hogs!  Outside of AOII, Miranda is a part of the Razorback Booster Club, the Student Dietetics Association and Order of Omega.  She is a part of the soccer intramurals on campus and has played for both AOII and co-ed teams for the past four years.

When I asked Miranda what she would miss most about AOII, she replied, “Everything! I’ll miss seeing so many of my sisters every single day and getting the opportunity to get to know so many great people.  I’ll also miss living right down the hall from some of my best friends.  Oh, and Chicken Finger Friday of course.”  Miranda Hickmon plans to complete a Master’s degree after graduation and will be Alpha Omicron Pi’s homecoming representative this year.