So You’re Staying in NOLA This Summer?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

As my freshman year came to a close, I found myself wishing I didn’t have to leave New Orleans. By some stroke of fate, or a job application gone right…my dreams came true! So for those of you who, like me, will be staying here for the summer, I’ve rounded up some fun things to do!

1.     Eat more sno-balls. New Orleans is hot. Really hot. Treat yo self and cool off with a sno-ball! I’ve heard amazing things about Hansen’s Sno-Bliz, and you can never go wrong with Plum Street Sno-Balls. Here is a super helpful map of all the best sno-balls in the city.

2.     Go on a plantation tour. Sure, you have to venture a little outside of New Orleans, but it’s totally worth it! So grab a friend, channel your inner Scarlett O’Hara, and go see some beautiful architecture. One of the most popular plantations in Louisiana is Oak Alley.

3.     Eat. This one’s pretty self-explanatory, and I’m pretty sure you can’t go wrong with any of the restaurants in this city. As Mark Twain once said: 

“New Orleans food is as delicious as delicious as the less criminal forms of sin”

4.     “Go 4th on the River” is New Orleans’s 4th of July celebration. Find a spot on the river to enjoy fireworks in one of America’s best cities. 

So… put on some sunscreen, stay hydrated, and have a great summer in New Orleans!

Her Campus Tulane