Puppy Love: The Top 5 Cutest Celebrity Dogs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

If there’s something every college student can agree on it’s that we miss the pets we left at home.  I routinely make my parents send me pictures of my dog and cat and I can’t even work up the energy to be ashamed of it because they’re so darn cute. Every time I pass a dog in Audubon or see one of the famed campus cats lounging in the sun, I wish that it was somehow possible to sneak a puppy in to my dorm room. But because the chances of someone noticing the barking coming from my door are unfortunately pretty high, I’m settling for ogling pictures of adorable celebrity dogs instead.

Ryan Gosling and George

Need I say more? Probably not but in case you needed another incentive to fall in love with this dynamic duo, Ryan adopted his adorable fuzzy friend from a Los Angeles-area pound in 2000.  Check out this adorable interview that Ryan and George did with Jimmy Kimmel to see exactly why this pair tops the list.

Jake Gyllenhaal and Atticus

I’m a huge proponent of adopting dogs from shelters (and seriously, what is more adorable than this picture?) so Jake and his furry BFF had to have a spot on this list. Jake also named his dog after one of the characters in Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird—an animal lover and a fan of a good book? I’m in love.

Kristen Bell and Lola, Sadie and Mr. Shakes

Kristen Bell is a known animal lover (who could forget her hilarious sloth-related freak out?), so it’s no surprise that she is dedicated to pet rescue and animal rights advocacy. She has partnered with the Humane Society in the past and in 2005 volunteered to help animals displaced by Hurricane Katrina. Just another reason to love this adorably quirky star.

Miranda Lambert and Cher, Delta, Delilah, Jessi, Waylon, Virginia Bluebell, Black Betty

Okay so I might be a little biased—I love her music and we both have dogs named Deliah—but it’s pretty hard to dispute that Miranda Lambert is doing great work in the world of dog rescue. She even founded a non-profit, the Muttnation Foundation, that works to end animal suffering and abuse. The foundation even raised an amazing $400,000 in 2013!

Jon Stewart and Shamsky and Monkey

Jon Stewart adores his rescued pit bulls so much that he allows dogs on the set of his famous TV show. He even occasionally lets his super cute duo of puppies take over his show and has advocated against dog fighting in the past.

Her Campus Tulane