NOLA Fashion Week Fall 2011

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

From October 15-21 the fashion world of New Orleans was busy producing a NOLA fashion week worthy of rivaling New York’s own fashion week. I was lucky enough to score a seat at four of the production’s fabulous runway shows as well as paying a visit to the Fashion Market where designers were selling runway looks. First, I attended the Varela + Brooks show, which I loved the wearability of. Next up was Matthew Arthur. Models strutted down the runway wearing eye-catching aqua lipstick. His fashions were fun and youthful. The next day, the first show I attended was Amanda deLeon. I couldn’t help but love the over-the-top sparkly shorts many of the models wore. The green and blue tones in her clothes were a bit more traditional than her gold and silver glitter pieces, but both were definitely awe-worthy. The last show of fashion week, Jolie & Elizabeth, featured more traditional southern style fashions. Cute dresses and high wasted pants were paired with floppy hats, sky-high heels, and classy pearls.

Watch the highlights here!

Rebecca Shinners is a Her Campus Chapter Advisor and Photo Intern/Freelancer at O, The Oprah Magazine. She graduated from Boston University in 2014 with a BS in Journalism and concentration in Photojournalism. She got her start in magazines writing for Her Campus and was previously an Editor for both Her Campus BU and Her Campus Tulane. Her work has also appeared in Seventeen Magazine, Teen Vogue, Bustle.com, Hamptons Magazine, and Newsday. When Rebecca isn't busy writing and taking pictures, she can be found shopping, petting puppies, wearing the color mint, and going to concerts.More: http://rebeccashinners.weebly.com/
Catherine Combs is a Tulane University Alumna, who majored in Communications and Political Science. She  has always had a soft spot for books, writing, and anything Chanel. When not searching for the final touches to her latest outfit idea, she can be found reading.