The New Place to Go on Campus When You’re Sick of Bruff

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

As we grow tired of the “fine dining” from Bruff, and even as we get sick of the “better” Le Gourmet salads and LBC Byblos wraps, we still need a way to eat. While Luff is a better option than Bruff, it gets old very fast as well. Unfortunately, most Tulane students are pretty much broke at this point, and all of our money has gone to the Boot and Buku tickets.  Luckily for us, Loyola’s campus has its own version of Le Gourmet that will make Le Gourmet look like, well, Bruff.

La Divina is a two-minute walk from Freret and McAlister and is on the way to Loyola. Many people have probably passed La Divina but have not thought anything of it. La Divina is a delicious little café known for great pizza, salad, paninis, soup, and gelato. Yes, gelato. And the best part? THEY TAKE YOUR WAVEBUCKS! (Oops, probably should’ve started this post with that.)

The DeNiro Panini will always be my “go to.” The DeNiro Panini is mozzarella, homemade pesto, and tomatoes. It’s much better than your typical panini, and something you can definitely not get at Bruff. La Divina has several other panini options as well.

Another thing I love at La Divina is the salads. I always get the Caesar salad, but my friends have tried the others and they are all delicious. You can’t miss out on a classic Caesar though…

Next up: soup. La Divina only has one soup, but trust me, that soup is enough. La Divina’s creamy and tasty tomato basil soup is always better each time I try it. La Divina tops it off with some cheese, and serves as a perfect dip for your panini.

The gelato is the perfect way to top off your meal! It will definitely be even more perfect as the weather gets warmer.

Her Campus Tulane