Meet the Staff: Asia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Ever wondered what goes on in the mind of someone who actually never stops smiling? Read on to get in the head of our own perpetually happy, always optimistic, and extraordinarily talented writing extraordinaire, Asia Bradlee.

What is your primary role in Her Campus? I am a contributor/writer and overall awesome person. I write about health, nutrition, and fitness.

How did you become involved in Her Campus? I applied after first semester my freshman year. I was going to apply at the beginning, but then I got too overwhelmed (classic Tulane problems).

Favorite Tulane specific event?  Crawfest. Everyone probably says that but whatever, I love it.

Special talents: I can blow spit bubbles off my tongue. I don’t know if I can do it anymore, but it’s really gross. (She then proceeds to spit multiple bubbles off her tongue, and it was both awesome and gross as promised.)

Asia: LOOK I DID IT AGAIN!

Favorite foods: I really like cheese, chocolate, and Thai food. Those are my top three.

Favorite part about being in Her Campus? I love getting to meet all new people, and getting to make new friends.

Favorite place to eat in New Orleans? Hmm. I like Salu and Red Fish Grill. I really like tapas (which is what Salu is) SO MANY CHOICES, and Red Fish Grill is just good quality seafood.

Favorite quote: My mom always used to say, “He with the most memories wins.” Now when I’m contemplating what to do, I’m like okay mom, let’s make some memories.

What’s one random interesting fact about you? I’m a quarter Asian, but I have blonde hair and blue eyes. My mom’s mom is Thai.

Dream job: I’d like to be a nutritionist, but really I just want to do something I love that makes me happy.

Hobbies: I like to cook, watch hockey with my family, and write. Also, I don’t do it as much, but I really like photography.

Favorite part about being a Tulane student? Having one of the most unique cities right at your hands and never running out of things to do

Favorite power female? JK Rowling, because the Harry Potter books are the best books ever written. I read them in 4 days. I’ve read the last one 5 times and each time I read it in 3 days.

Favorite show? Friends or New Girl. I like both. Friends is hilarious because it’s the type of humor that’s not on TV anymore, and New Girl is great because it’s kind of the same weird humor. Those are the two shows that actually make me laugh out loud.

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be? I think of myself as smiley. I think I’m always smiling, but that’s just me (it was later verified that yes, Asia is actually always smiling.)

Her Campus Tulane