This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

The semester is basically over and there are so many reasons to get pumped for summer. With the warmer temps and the start of a new season, it’s time to revamp your makeup routine (or lack thereof during finals) and get your summer glow on. 

Embrace the Dew

As the temps keep on rising, you might feel like it’s impossible for your foundation not to melt off. But that’s why a semi-sheer, tinted foundation (like a BB or CC cream with SPF) will be your best friend this summer. If you’re not already using one on your face, you’ll see that it’s the perfect way to create the natural, dewy glow while also evening out your skin tone.

Don’t Shy Away From Shimmer

Say adios to heavy or bold matte shadows for the season. Trade them in for shimmery earth tones or light pastels. Plus, if you stick to more sheer shades, your look won’t be as tricky to maintain in the summer heat. In fact, your lids will look even better when the shadow gets smudged and blended to perfection.

Make it Pop

With the sun shining and flowers in full bloom, how can you not crave adding extra color to your look? Giving your lips a colorful pop is the perfect (and quickest) way to do this. With just one swipe of lip crayon, you can brighten up your entire complexion. Try warmer hues in the pink and orange family instead of darker reds and berry shades.

(High)light It Up

Even if you’re stuck indoors working most of the day, you can create an enviable summertime glow by using highlighter and bronzer on your face wherever the sun would naturally hit. It’s easier than you think to fake that I’ve-been-running-around-in-the-sunshine look that we all want during the summer season.