Hammer Time

Posted -

This past weekend I found myself back at the Habitat for Humanity site I worked on a few weeks ago with Alpha Phi Omega. I was surprised to see that the foundation we shoveled dirt out of last time had turned into a house! I helped hammer nails into the house, not something I would've expected myself to volunteer to do. The hard work was more fun than expected--if you're looking to get involved I would definitely recommend joining Alpha Phi Omega or looking into volunteering independently.

Comments

About The Author

Rebecca Shinners is a Her Campus Chapter Advisor and Photo Intern/Freelancer at O, The Oprah Magazine. She graduated from Boston University in 2014 with a BS in Journalism and concentration in Photojournalism. She got her start in magazines writing for Her Campus and was previously an Editor for both Her Campus BU and Her Campus Tulane. Her work has also appeared in Seventeen Magazine, Teen Vogue, Bustle.com, Hamptons Magazine, and Newsday. When Rebecca isn't busy writing and taking pictures, she can be found shopping, petting puppies, wearing the color mint, and going to concerts.

More: http://rebeccashinners.weebly.com/