Halloween Is a Competition and Pets Are Winning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

With Halloween just around the corner, you might be thinking: Wow, procrastination has beat me once again. I am in dire need of a cheap and easy costume for my festivities! Maybe HerCampus will have some great suggestions for me!!

If you were thinking those very words, a) I’m psychic and b) sorry – this post will not help you (maybe this one will!) This article will, however, remind you that in the grand scheme of things, your three or four sub-par Halloween costumes aren’t the most important things in the world – pets are. Pets in elaborate Halloween costumes are the most important things in the world.

Read on to calm down about your poor planning for Halloween and take time to contemplate what’s really important in life. (Pugs).

The Hero: Pugs save human lives every day with just one look into those perpetually-sad-yet-adoring eyes, why not publicly proclaim its superhero status?

Hello Kitty Kitty: Make your cat detest you even more as you struggle to slip this on him/her. Bonus points if you can snag a picture in which your cat doesn’t look passively infuriated.

The Tarantula: Really embrace your arachnophobia with this cuddly costume for your pup.  Scare people into giving you their candy, or go above and beyond with your hijinks and end up as a YouTube sensation.

Hotdog Hamster: Let’s be honest. This costume isn’t nearly as cute/creative/intricate as others on the interwebs, but I felt a need to include pets of all shapes and sizes. Here’s a tiny hamster dressed up as a hotdog, but if you feel so inclined, you could very easily make that hotdog, a burrito (hotdogsclick here to watch a video of tiny hamsters eating tiny burritos. 

Pirate Dog: I have absoultey no idea why it’s essential for this dog’s butt to play a second pirate, but I’m very much on board for it anyway. This particular dog doesn’t seem to be as enthusiastic about the whole ordeal as I, but I think we can agree that everything worked out just fine for all parties involved. (But mostly me.) 

Poptart Cat: Ever wanted desperately for your cat to be dressed as a meme? Me neither. Think the idea of a cat dressed up as a flaming rainbow poptart is hilarious regardless of context? Same.

Honorable Mention

The Crocodog: How #Neauxla!!! (Note: New Orleans is home to alligators, not crocodiles, but for the purposes of this pun, just let it slide and enjoy this half-eaten Beagle.)

Her Campus Tulane