courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Disney Characters in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

The People You Meet Your First Weeks in College as Disney Characters

Doug from Up: The Person Who Just Wants to be Your Friend

Just like Doug the dog who wants to play with everyone (especially squirrels), this person will make millions on friends on the first day just because of his/her outgoing nature. While this may seem intimidating if you aren’t as outgoing of a person, remember that everyone is just as afraid as you are, but Doug just has an easier time covering it up. Friends like Doug will always be loyal, so, if you can, hold onto this person!

Cinderella from Cinderella: The One Who Couldn’t Wait to Leave Home

There are plenty of reasons for someone wanting to leave home whether it was a bad high school experience, overbearing parents, or numerous chores in the case of Cinderella. Therefore, there will definitely be a few students who are extremely excited to be at school. These people may run rampant the first few weeks with the newfound independence, but they will eventually settle into an everyday routine like everyone else. Just give it time and you may find that they are some of the best people you will ever meet.

Mike Wazowski from Monsters University: The Smart One

Everyone at college made it there because of their intelligence, so most likely everyone you meet will be “the smart one”. However, there are always a few people who stick out from the crowd because of their superior intelligence like Mike Wazowski in Monsters University. This is the person that you always see studying in the library or reading in the quad preparing for upcoming exams. Again, there is an intimidation factor that goes along with the Mike Wazowski of your college because he seems intelligent beyond belief. Despite this, Mike Wazowskis usually turn out to be pretty great people under all of their layers of brainpower. Plus, he would make a great study buddy!

Rafiki from The Lion King: The Wise One

The wise person you meet is usually an RA or an upperclassman that you happen in meet in a class or a club who turns out to be a great resource throughout college. From questions about the dining hall to where a building is, upperclassmen have a few more years of experience under their belts and can answer almost all of your questions if you reach out! Don’t underestimate the blessing of an upperclassman’s wisdom because they can often help you from repeating the mistakes that they made in the past.

Belle from Beauty and the Beast: The Advocate

College is a time to figure out who you are and what you believe in, but some people may already know. Because of this, there are many people who act as advocates for causes from LGBTQ+ to wildlife like Belle did for the Beast. Advocates usually speak out for people who don’t have anyone to speak for them just as Belle did when she saw the good in the Beast although the townspeople attacked him because of his appearance. Advocates stand up for causes that they believe in, which is not always the easiest thing to do, so respecting these people on campus is definitely a must do.

Woody and Buzz from Toy Story: The Best Friends from High School

A lot of times best friends from high school decide to room separately in order to branch out on their own and meet new people. However, there occasionally is the pair who never leaves each other’s side until they find that they only have each other to rely on. If you come across a friendship like this don’t count them out just yet. Like most other college freshmen, they are simply apprehensive about this new beginning and are holding onto what is familiar to them. Therefore, they need a friend like you to help them grow accustomed to this new lifestyle as you all come to know each other.

John Smith from Pocahontas: The Athlete

Athletes in college often fall into stereotypes of entitlement and trivial attitudes towards schoolwork, but these are most often not true. Athletes work extremely hard as they wake up early for practice and go to bed late after a late night work out. In some cases, this may be a different experience from high school where practices were likely only after classes rather than before, after, and in between. John Smith faced a similar wake up call as Pocahontas introduced him to the new world as a land of opportunity rather than simply a place to conquer. By working hard, athletes in college get to know their new surroundings and thrive among their peers as John Smith did.

Ariel from The Little Mermaid: The Artsy One

Whether you attend an artistic school or not, most colleges provide art classes for their students such as painting, dance, and musical theatre. A lot of students take art classes even if their major is not an artistic one, but there are always students who rise above the rest and excel in their art majors. Ariel sings, collects art, and even learns the art of body language when she loses her voice allowing her to represent the artistic communities on campus well. Art majors light up the campus with performances and displays for their fellow students to enjoy and we would be nowhere without the rays of happiness they bring to the school.

Mickey Mouse: The One Who Everyone Loves

Because college is often much larger than high school, you will not get to know everyone in the school, but there is always someone who sticks out from the crowd and makes a name for himself/herself. He/she answers questions in class, gives tours of the school, and says hi to everyone on the way to class, so you can’t help but love this person. Having a friend like this around would never be a bad idea, so don’t be afraid to say hi back and put yourself out there as well!

Whether you’re a princess, an athlete, a genius, or some sort of combination, every personality in college can come together to create an amazing student body if you are open to the ideas of your fellow Disney characters!

My name is Madison and I am from Glen Mills, PA! I am currently a senior at Tulane and am excited to be Tulane's Campus Correspondent this year.
Her Campus Tulane