This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Name: Sean Michael SaxonGrade: Señor Major: Neuroscience & SpanishWhat’s your favorite New Orleans place and why? As cliché as it might be I’m going to have to go with The Fly. A crawfish boil with beautiful spring weather at the Fly incapsulates everything I love about Lousiana (food + friends + sunshine + Abita) What’s your most memorable experience at Tulane?My most memorable Tulane experience was at the end of last spring. I was able to attend President Cowen’s going away party hosted in City Park – “Great Scott”. It was an amazing time and many of my closest friends were able to attend as well. The highlight of the event was when President Cowen pulled us students all aside and said “through thick and thin it has been you all who have been my motivation”. What’s your spirit animal and why?A Shiba Inu. The oracle buzzfeed told me so.

When friends come to visit where’s the first place you take them? I’m from Baton Rouge, so most of my friends coming down to visit have been to New Orleans multiple times before. I like to take them somewhere off the beaten track – Crescent Park is one of my favorite sites in the city yet is relatively unknown! If you could give incoming freshmen any advice what would it be?Get involved! Extracurricular involvement can really transform your college experience. I have loved being able to be a part of so many awesome organizations on campus. It’s certainly help develop me as a person. What’s your life motto?Life’s too short to order the house wine. Unless you are in Italy. Then by all means drink the house wine.

Her Campus Tulane