8 Advantages of Eating at Bruff

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

After being at college for almost two months, the struggle of having the same food for lunch and dinner every day is definitely real. As a freshman with a meal plan that gives me unlimited access to Bruff (meaning the majority of my food is consumed there), I am having a hard time trying to enjoy my food every day. When my parents came for Parents’ Weekend, I forced them to try Bruff to see what their thoughts were. They argued that the food truly wasn’t that bad. But then it hit me, the food really isn’t that bad. The real problem is that when one eats something day after day after day, it does not seem too appealing anymore. As rough as “Ruff” may seem sometimes, it’s important to remember that Bruff isn’t as bad as it seems. If you’re trying to survive Bruff, here are eight things you need to remember:

1)   Milkshake Mondays

Every Monday around lunchtime Bruff has milkshakes (usually Oreo). Come on, you can’t tell me you don’t like Oreo milkshakes. Sometimes they even switch it up and have smoothies. This past week I had a strawberry and mango smoothie, which I definitely would not mind having again…

2)   Wraps

At Bruff, you can make your wrap with anything you want in it, so switch it up! Get a chicken, turkey, or veggie wrap. There are so many options to fill your wrap with!

3)   Grilled Cheese

Who doesn’t love grilled cheese? In the back where they cook burgers and fries you can always ask for a grilled cheese. While this is a bit on the not so healthy end, it definitely is delicious. Get your grilled cheese and throw some bacon and tomato on it. 

4)   Chipwiches

Bruff has four ice cream flavors everyday and numerous toppings. Get the ice cream of your choice and squish it between two cookies (support Breast Cancer and get Breast Cancer chocolate cookies) and top it off with your favorite topping (sprinkles, oreo, caramel, etc.)

5)   Omelet Bar

The other day I actually turned down getting breakfast with my friends because I wanted an omelet from Bruff. Yup. Although the line for omelets is usually pretty long, it is totally worth it. I always get the same omelet (tomato, spinach, bacon, bell peppers, and cheddar) and Oz surely knows how to cook up a good omelet! And if you’re trying to be healthy, you can always get your omelet with just the egg whites!

6)   Waffles

Enough said. Waffles are perfect for any meal of the day. Top your waffle off with chocolate chips, maple syrup, ice cream, or any topping you’d like!

7)   Breadsticks

As much as I’m trying to avoid the Freshman 15, I’m not so successful with avoiding breadsticks. The breadsticks are DELICIOUS and are perfect to dip into soup or tomato sauce, or just to enjoy plain.

8)   It’s Free! We’re not paying for it!

The most important thing to remember is that as much as eating at Bruff everyday can be not so appealing, it’s free. I usually go into Bruff four times a day, sometimes just to grab a cup of coffee. At Bruff, you can get as much or as little as you want in one meal. Make the best out of Bruff!

Her Campus Tulane