5 Ways to Score Discounts for Being a Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

College isn’t cheap, so when there is a chance to save a little bit of money just for being a student, why not take advantage of it.

1. Amazon Prime

If you haven’t already heard of the 6 month free Amazon Prime program, make sure to make an account with your student email address (@tulane.edu). With Prime, you have access to free music and tv shows, and two day shipping on select items. A very important part of doing this is remembering to cancel after 6 months or they will automatically charge your credit card the normal fee.  

2. Be a Campus Rep for a company

A lot of different companies ranging from fashion to school-focused like to find campus representatives to post on social media or build a campus network to promote their brand. This is especially useful for business or communication majors because it will your boost your resume and shows that you have experience working with a company. Depending on the company, the requirements of posting and campus advertising can vary on how much time and energy you have to put into it, but most give free company merchandise or access to their services.

Some of the popular programs for this are Southern Tide, Seregettee, Pura Vida

https://www.repnation.com/

3. Groupon

If you haven’t heard of groupon, it is a company that offers coupons, and special deals for things like vacations (spring break is coming up), activities, and a large range of companies. While this isn’t exclusive to students, there are certain deals that are. It’s a great app to have on your phone to check in on the latest deals because you never know when there is 60% skydiving that you’ve been dying to try.

4. Shopping

Many stores or online websites have special discounts for students as well. If you show your student ID at the following stores at checkout, or tell them your edu email address, they give you usually a 10-15% off on your purchase.  

JCrew, Apple, Dell, Fed Ex, NY Times, Topshop, Toms, Banana Republic, Madewell, Kate Spade, Adobe, Sony,

5. Spotify

Spotify provides 50% premium membership, which allows streaming on your phone with no data use, no advertisements like the radio or Pandora, and no limitations on what music you can listen to.

Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Tulane Chapter Senior at Tulane University Majoring in Psychology, Minoring in Public Health Originally from Fort Myers, Florida
Her Campus Tulane