Transform Your Products: Sick Fixes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Tis the season, restaurants and malls have already started playing Christmas music, Starbucks has red cups and the peppermint mocha and gingerbread latte are back (you know that means holiday!), and the first snow has fallen. The holiday season and dropping temperatures (though it sure doesn’t feel it with these 60 degree days!) are setting in. Unfortunately, that means something else is setting in… Cold season. If you catch a cold, or just get your skin beat up by the nippy winds and temperatures, these five products will help you fool anyone and look fresh and healthy!

1. Tinted moisturizer
            One thing that affects all of us is winter skin. Even if you have generally well balanced skin, the cold and wind will dry out your skin. If you’re sick on top of that, your skin will be drained of some color. By putting on a tinted moisturizer, you’re shooting two birds with one stone – color and moisture. Plus, they often come with SPF, which is always good for your skin.
elf Studio Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20-  $3.00 at Target

2. Tinted lip balm
            Just like your skin, your lips are probably chapped and dry from being sick and the whipping wind doesn’t help. Instead of having pale, flaky lips, add a tinted lip balm. The balm will moisturize and repair your lips, while the tint will make them look more alive. It’s great even when your lips aren’t chapped for some added color and shine!
Korres Lip Butter – $12.00 at Sephora

2. Nude eyeliner
 Tired eyes are never fun to deal with, especially not when combined with sickness that makes your lids feel too heavy to even remain open. By lining your lower lashline and/or waterline with a nude colored eye pencil, you create the illusion of wider and more open eyes.

Wet n Wild Color Icon Brow & Eye Liner Pencil in Taupe – $0.99 at Walgreens

3. Pinky-gold blush           When your skin has lost the last of its summer glow and is dry, this is the perfect fix. The pink tone adds color to your skin, while the golden undertone adds warmth and shine. Try to avoid overly frosty blushes, for they’ll just make your dry skin more obvious.
e.l.f. Studio Blush in Candid Coral – $3.00 at Eyeslipsface.com

5. White eye shadow
            Dusting a bit of white eye shadow on your lids and the inner corners will highlight them and bring a brightness to dull eyes. Also, the white will enhance the whites of your eyes and make them look more open and awake. Plus, it also gives a bit of a winter wonderland effect!
Sephora Collection Colorful Mono Eyeshadow in Aspen Summit – $12 at Sephora
Christie is a rising sophomore at Tufts. She absolutely adores coffee in any form,  believes that any dessert can be made better with nutella and any meal better with hot sauce.  In her spare time, she dabbles in graphic design, playing guitar, and photography. She also adores makeup and beauty and believes it's more of an art form than people give it credit for. Music is definitely a huge part of her life: she always has her iPod on and frequently goes to concerts.