Guilty Pleasures: Winter Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Fall is coming to an end (it snowed last Sunday! What is this?) and the icy cold is starting to creep in. Soon enough, we’ll spend our days eating, sleeping and walking around looking like marshmallows. Say goodbye to looking even remotely fashionable — New England winters are buh-rutal. But hey, look at the bright side; besides snowball fights, snowmen and hot cocoa, here are some things we lazy girls can look forward to as winter approaches.

Not having to wash our hair.

Sweating just isn’t that much of a problem during the winter months; which means that we can go a gloriously long time without having to wet our hair!

Not much showering for that matter.

Showering (and stepping out of the shower, which is the worst part during a cold winter) is only required once every few days. Or maybe even once a week. No one has to know ;)

No shaving.

Unless you have a boyfriend around, temporarily break up with your razor. Your legs might resemble something akin to the Amazon forest, but it doesn’t matter because nobody can see them! Plus, more hair = more insulation.

Spending entire days in PJs/sweatpants.

If it weren’t winter, you’d definitely be judged as a slob. However, in the month of December, girls in leggings will look at you in envy, imagining how toasty warm your (unshaved) legs must be.

No worrying about bras.

With all those layers, a bra is practically useless. Besides not having to worry about whether your straps are going to show, most of the time you won’t have to wear a bra at all! (Disclaimer: If your boobs have a tendency to react strongly to cold temperatures, you might want to ignore this one #headlightsalert)

Less laundry.

You can practically recycle all the clothes you wear with the exception of your underwear. Your laundry basket will fill up at a beautifully slow rate, and by the end of winter you probably will have forgotten how to do laundry.

Get excited for the oncoming winter; time to let go of some really tiring maintenance routines! #noshaveNovemberDecemberJanuaryFebruaryMarch!