Fall Collegiette Wardrobe Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Summer has come to an end, and as the temperatures drop it is time to unveil the leading trends for this fall! Here is quick guide to attaining the perfect fall collegiette wardrobe:

Leading the list is outerwear. While the classic leather jacket is always an appropriate option, robe-coats and oversized sweater-coats dominated the runways at New York Fashion Week. A new jacket, coat, or sweater is the one item every woman in the know must obtain.

With fall approaching, knits are on the shelves of stores across the country. For fall knits, no article of clothing is out of the question. From soft pants to dresses to tights, knits are no longer just about sweaters.  This season, make a major fashion statement with a new pair of knit pants.

Color plays an important role this fall, with gray taking over as the fashion world’s dominant neutral; whether wearing a metallic charcoal tunic sweater, gray suede booties, or a simple gray cardigan, a gray article of clothing is a must. For girls who like a colorful approach to fall dressing, orange in every shade, jewel tones, and cobalt blue will add a pop of color on any chilly day.

Upon entering the fall season, fur is a must- have item in every collegiate’s closet. Fur, whether real or faux, is currently incorporated into every type of garment imaginable. Fur purses, boots, vests, scarves, dresses, coats and gloves can be purchased at every price point.

Any student will be happy to hear that flats are dominating the fashion world this fall season. A comfortable flat shoe is perfect for walking to class, going on an outing in Boston, or wearing to a party. Three styles to watch are menswear inspired oxfords, flat boots and statement sneakers.  Feet will be comfortable and ready for any adventure fall has to offer.

Edited by: Kyla Bolden

Photos Courtesy of:

us.asos.com

www.bloomingdales.com

www.shopbop.com

www.matchesfashion.com